The Price of Raising a Family in Bulgaria

The usual income required for a “nuclear” family of 4 people (parents + two children) to live a comfortable life in Bulgaria is around 2300 leva or €1150. This is according to data released during a conference of Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria.

Raising a family in Bulgaria

The report examines the third quarter of 2017. The average sum per capita in a family with two children would be 575 leva or around €285. Sadly, not many Bulgarians are meeting that mark, as the usual salary seems to be around 1000 leva. That average is 30% below the “minimum”. A combined family of two would come several hundred leva short of providing for their children. It’s unsurprising that Bulgaria is often mouthed as being in a “demographic crisis” by politicians.

The minimum monthly income requirement cited by CITUB is around 1400 leva. Only 25% of the population or 1.8 million people are making more money than that. The other 75% or 5.4 million are under that assessment.

The capital city of Sofia is understandably more expensive to live in than the countryside. The price of a family of 4 would be 3000 leva (€1500.) While the average salary is larger, with 1400 leva, it’s still not enough, given the higher prices of housing and food in Sofia.

Alex Dimchev

Alex Dimchev is a writer, editor, and weapons master for EUscoop.com

Countries:

bulgaria

Categories:

Daily Life

Comments (0)

Like Our Page on Facebook

Like our page to make sure you see all of our NEW articles!

Click to

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Subscribe and stay informed about all important events!



x